2018-2019 ANTI-BULLYING BILL OF RIGHTS
DISTRICT & SCHOOL REPORT CARD
JACKSON ACADEMY'S SCHOOL HIB SCORE IS 73 POINTS OUT OF 75 POINTSEAST ORANGE SCHOOL DISTRICT HIB SCORE IS 74 POINTS OUT OF 75 POINTS
- Beginning with September 2014-2015 school year, our district and school have conscientiously implemented the requirements found in the Anti-Bullying Bill of Rights Act educating all staff members, all students as well as parents, on HIB Harassmant, Intimidation, and Bullying.
- During the first two years of its implementation , Jackson has made progress in addressing and improving harassment, intimidation and bullying, as well as school climate and culture by first creating an Anti-Bullying Task Force and identifying an Anti-Bullying representative. Parent workshops were scheduled to help parents understand the law and its implications in the school environment. Presentations were also made to all staff members as well as students.
- "While completing the Self Assessment, we learned that Jackson has demonstrated strengths in all HIB areas: see District website for detailed categories.
- "The Self Assessment helped Jackson to identify areas for improvement in the following areas: Investigative Procedures....Programs, Approaches and other Initiatives
- During the upcoming year, Jackson will be working towards and seek your involvement in enhancing and developing new ways to improve our school culture.