Nurse Carolyn Howard
Cold and Flu Safety Information
Winter will soon be upon us. Here are some reminders regarding the seasonal cold and flu. It is important that we keep the students at Jackson Academy healthy and ready to learn. You can help by practicing the following advice both at home and in school.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water
- Do not share personal items
- Cover your mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Use your elbow if a tissue is not available
- Be aware of the signs of the flu, which include a fever (100.4 or greater) and a cough or sore throat, a runny nose, body aches, fatigue and occasionally vomiting and diarrhea.
- Keep sick kids at home for at least 24 hours after they are no longer ill with a fever without the use of fever-reducing medications.
- Consider getting a flu shot