THE N U R S E’ S C O R N E R
WELCOME BACK BANNEKER FAMILY
I am the school nurse for the children at Benjamin Banneker. My name is Danielle Ducheine. I have been practicing pediatric nursing for the past 20 years. I enjoy working with kids and I am looking forward to care for your children. I look forward to getting to know you and your child throughout this school year.
The health office promotes health wellness through good hygiene, up-to-date immunizations, healthy lifestyle, mandated state screenings (hearing, vision, height/weight, blood pressure, scoliosis, and dental screening), referral, and follow up care.
- Health Office Hours: 8:30am – 3:25pm.
- Phone number: (973) 266-4320 prompt #2
HEALTHY CHILDREN LEARN BETTER
- A good night’s sleep (about 8 – 11 hours)
- A healthy breakfast and lunch
- Good hygiene (hand washing)
- PRE-K Flu season is already here. It is mandatory by the State of New Jersey for your child to have a flu vaccine by Dec 31st in order to remain in the preschool program.
- Rising 5th GRADERS Tdap booster and Menactra are required by law prior to school entry in the 6th grade.