EAST ORANGE SCHOOL DISTRICT
FOCUS PARENT PORTAL
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
The East Orange School District (EOSD) is offering Parent Portal access to parents/guardians as a means to further enhance communication and to further promote educational excellence. The EOSD Parent Portal allows parents/guardians to view their own child’s school records anywhere, anytime. In response for the privilege of accessing the site, every parent/guardian is expected to act in a responsible, ethical and legal manner. The EOSD Parent Portal is available to every parent/guardian of a student enrolled in the East Orange School District.
Parent/guardians are required to adhere to the following guidelines:
1. Parents/guardian will NOT share their password with anyone, including their own children.
2. Parents/guardians will not attempt to harm or destroy data of their own children, of another user, school or district network or the Internet.
3. Parents/guardians will not use the EOSD Parent Portal for any illegal activity, including violation of Data Privacy laws. Anyone found to be violating laws will be subject to civil and/or criminal prosecution.
4. Parents/guardians will not access data or any account owned by another parent/guardian.
5. Parents/guardians who identify a security problem with the EOSD Parent Portal must notify the East Orange School District or the local school immediately without demonstrating the problem to anyone else.
6. Parent/guardians who are identified as a security risk to the EOSD Parent Portal or any other East Orange School District computers or networks, will be denied access to the EOSD Parent Portal
7. Parents/guardians agree to supply an email address to keep on file to be used for password resets and correspondence. Parent/guardian must agree that they will report to their child’s school to verify their identity before receiving their initial username and password.
Only by signing and returning the agreement will you receive access to the EOSD Parent Portal for
PARENTS MUST BRING THIS FORM TO SCHOOL AT THE TIME OF VERIFICATION
I have read the EOSD Parent Portal Acceptable Use Policy and I agree to abide by and support these rules. I understand that if I violate any terms of the Acceptable Use Policy that I may lose my privilege to use the EOSD Parent Portal, and may be liable for civil and/or criminal consequences.
Parent/Guardian Printed Name: ___________________________________________________________
Parent/Guardian Signature: _______________________________________________________________
Date: _____________ Email Address: _______________________________________________
Child # 1: ______________________________________ Grade: _______________ HR: _____________
Child # 2: ______________________________________ Grade: _______________ HR: _____________
Child # 3: ______________________________________ Grade: _______________ HR: _____________