MAKING OUR VOICES ECHO
The vision of M.O.V.E. is to be a service agent for the entire Cicely Tyson school community. It is our plan to provide the vehicle to assist in moving the thoughts and ideas of all stakeholders into action. M.O.V.E. is a student driven organization that thrives on providing the tool to make our voices echo.
M.O.V.E. is a student directed organization dedicated to providing a voice for the entire Cicely Tyson Middle/High School family. It is the mission of M.O.V.E. to challenge, build, develop, expose and assist each and every member of the Tyson family.
- Members of M.O.V.E. are inducted annually, and consist of students ranging from grades 9-12.
- Members are required to attend weekly meetings.
- All members of M.O.V.E. must maintain a grade point average of 2.75
M.O.V.E. is led by a faculty advisor. The organization is comprised of 5 components that are referred to as Pillars. The five pillars of M.O.V.E. are called:
Each pillar will be chaired by an elected member of M.O.V.E. Each chairperson’s term will be for one full school year. Elections will be held at the end of each school year to determine new chairperson for the upcoming school year. Students are free to choose which pillar they prefer to join, and all members are responsible for the total success of the entire organization. Each pillar is committed to producing one program for the school community each month throughout the school year.
- YCDT (youth community development team)
- P Cubed (Positive Peer Pressure)
- Plaid (Political Leadership and Individual Development)
- Geek Squad (Social Action and Student Activities)
- BAM (Business and Marketing).
MOVE (Making Our Voices Echo) Group Photo
MOVE (Making Our Voices Echo) hosted world famous bass player, Divinity
Roxx. In an effort to promote the arts and expose our students to life in the music industry, on November 16, 2016 Divinity
Roxx came to visit
Cicely L. Tyson Community School of Performing and Fine Arts. The students had an opportunity engage in conversation and perform with Divinity